- The all leather upper is cut from 2.0 – 2.2mm Barton Print Water Buffalo hides, for strength and high wearing durability.
- The foam padded bellows tongue is from a soft PVC coated fabric for extra comfort.
- The BOVA Comfort vamp lining is made from a special needled HiTech Fibre blend which has excellent perspiration absorbency resulting in a low heat buildup and a more comfortable shoe for the wearer. This material has been treated with “ULTRAFRESH” which imparts additional hygienic and anti-bacterial properties to the lining.
- The quarter lining is from a high abrasion resistant foam backed industrial quality “cambrelle” type non-woven material.
- For strength the speed rings are made from steel, and which have been treated with a corrosion- resistant “old” brass coating.
- The lace is braided and made from a polyester yarn with high abrasion resistance together with a central core for additional strength.
- The collar is from P.V.C. stretchback material with a soft latex rubber padding, for superior comfort and support.
Insole and Sock
- The insock is cut from a specially developed anti-static non-woven material which has exceptional directional stability, durability and comfort.
- The moulded footbed insock is made from a synthetic woven fabric.
The PU /PU Sole
- The sole is from foamed dual density polyester polyurethane, for lightness, comfort and flexibility. The mid sole has a shore hardness of 0.45 for soft comfort next to the foot, and the outer sole has a shore hardness of 0.64 – 0.65 for durability and slip resistance.
- The polyurethane sole is an excellent insulator against the cold and has a heat resistance of between 100 and 110C.
- The steel toe cap is imported from Europe or South America and complies with the S.A.B.S. specification to withstand an impact load of 200 joules. This toe cap has an extra wide fit to accommodate the largest variety of feet possible, and we use 6 different sizes to cover the men’s size range of 4 x 13. Some of our competitors use only four sizes of toe caps to cover this same size range.
This “Maverick” boot conforms with the SANS/ ISO 20345 Type S1. The Maverick boot can also be made as a S2 type if so required. Beier Safety Footwear has a registered quality management system and is an ISO 9001:2000 rated factory.